Monday, September 20, 2010

Step Up Your Game!

So this weekend I had a meeting with a friend who is also a photographer. Somewhere between ordering my waffles and waiting for their arrival, the analytical/strategic consultant in me came out and I "got into" my friend pretty hard. In a loving/shepherding way I SHOOK her awake so she could DREAM again about doing photography as a career.

Many people see me as cute and sweet, but few know about the motivator/instigator/call you out on your stuff Joseph. I do it because I love people. I do it because I see people going in a certain direction and either I want to help them get there or help them go in a more positive direction.

So if you are a photographer or you love photography, trust me that you too can enjoy the pleasure of taking photos as a business. I got my first camera 2 1/2 years ago and have been doing photography professionally for the past year and a half.

It is doable. You need to be clear WHY YOU ARE NOT DOING IT. And you need to know WHAT WILL IT TAKE to invest yourself in actually doing it.

"For a dream comes through much activity" - Ecclesiastes 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment