Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Urban Fine Art Fave - "Outreach"

EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY

Nina Leal from Manhattan Grace Tabernacle asked me to come out to the MGT Summer Concert Series on August 22nd and photograph the event. Nicky Cruz was the guest speaker.

My paths crossed with Nicky Cruz in 1997. I had the opportunity to act in the play "Run, Baby, Run" which told about Nicky's life as a gang member in the streets of New York City. The play was done at Crossroads Tabernacle in the Bronx and I played the role of Nicky Cruz. It was a life changing experience.

I call the photo below "Outreach". After sharing his testimony, Nicky invited the audience to make Jesus Christ the Lord of their life. Those you see in the foreground are the ones who responded. On September 4, 1997 I too responded to an invitation Nicky made at a church in the Bronx. And my life has been all the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment