Monday, August 30, 2010

Let The Wedding Be A Wedding

Yesterday I talked with one of the brides I photographed recently. One of the things she said encouraged me and made me feel like I am going in the right direction with my photography. She told me she appreciated how I let her and her new husband enjoy their wedding without constantly asking them to pose for photos throughout the reception. How I was always around snapping photos but in an organic way (without forced posing).

That was important for me to hear. I believe weddings are meant to be enjoyed. I want my brides and grooms to relish this amazing new day and let me capture the amazingness. I never want them to feel like they are a freak show in a circus being pulled in every direction to pose for photos every 30 seconds.

This photo journalistic style gives me the opportunity to capture their essence. The photos will show them really enjoying the wedding because they are so in the rhythm of the moment they are not "cheesing" for the camera. While a cousin or uncle is asking people to pose for his/her expensive camera (which they don't really know how to use), I am roaming around like a duck hunter looking for precious untainted moments. This is how I roll.

Although I was not looking for photography, God placed this in my path and I am very grateful. Next weekend will be my official sixth wedding ever done as a photographer (did about half a dozen as a Videographer). I'm excited as I see I am continuing to build/grow.

*Note - I do shoot Formal poses with Family & Bridal Party after the Ceremony. I also do posed shots with anyone during the Reception as per request or if I see an amazing shot

No comments:

Post a Comment