Friday, December 10, 2010

Photography Class #4 of 4 - The Composition

TEACHING

I had an amazing time last night teaching the fourth and last photography class in this workshop at Hip Hope Academy in the Bronx. This class really was a culmination of the first three classes. We started with Vision, then went in to understanding the complexities of the Camera, and then we broke down Composition.

I could have taught Composition first which is what most people want to learn but the way I organized was much more fruitful. By the end of the class I saw eyes light up and brains thinking about images and how to photograph them. Their vision has been shifted. Their understanding of the camera has been enhanced. Now they can execute composition in a whole new way.

Where to from here? Perhaps I may teach this workshop in the spring at another location. One student already asked if I would teach an Intermediate class. I am still in awe I had the opportunity to teach an Introductory class. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined conducting a workshop on Photography. We shall see. This photographic journey has had so many enjoyable adventures so far. I am sure more are on the way.


Still I am amazed I taught a photography workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment