Thursday, March 3, 2011

Point & Shoot Thursdays

POINTING & SHOOTING

I want to show you what you can accomplish with a Point & Shoot camera. You do not need the most expensive camera to take amazing pictures. Every photo here was taken with the Canon G12, a Point & Shoot camera.

Okay so I took my Canon G12 to DC on a recent family trip. It was so nice and convenient to carry a light camera. This trip was made for a Point & Shoot (Next time I go back I may bring the big guns though...lol).

The first image is from my nephew. Even a nine-year old can work this camera. He is working on his photography skills and I trust him with all my cameras. (I can't wait to hire him for a wedding. People love kids with cameras.)


Of course my nephew could not reach this sparrow so he asked me to get this shot for him. I think I used the HDR component of the camera to deal with the shadows in this shot.


En route to the White House we took the Metro, which was very clean.


While waiting for the Metro my nephew and I decided to play with the shutter on the camera and make a cool blurry image of him running.


Then we made it to the White House.


Okay those are the first set of photos. Next week I will share more from DC. This is just a reminder you took can take amazing photos with a P&S.

Laters,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment